.

Cascina delle Rose

Barbaresco | Piemonte

Cascina delle Rose is a small company acquired by the Rizzolio family in 1948 and was part of a large property that included almost the entire territory of the Rio Sordo. Today it consists of 5 hectares of land of which 4.5 are vineyards and about 0.3 are hazelnut trees and a small wood. Its position on the coast between two of the most suitable sub-areas of Barbaresco and the wealth of groundwater were fundamental elements in the choice. Dense stratified soil, from blue marls (tuffs) to calcareous lands with thin sandy parts (draining) and a notable mineral component, giving the final result the character and elegant finesse that we find in the glass. The passion for quality wines has been handed down from generation to generation. Initially, only the grapes necessary for the production of wine for family consumption were pressed, then gradually 100% was made into wine in the years "84-" 85 and today the production is about 25 / 27,000 bottles per year.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Search again what you are looking for